Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Deep Dark Mummy Secret:

Now that Nellie is sleeping through the night (more often than not), I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, and hold the baby monitor close to my ear and listen to the delicious sounds of her sigh and gurgles. Nostalgia washes over me and I think back to those first weeks with her, when she slept by my side of the bed and I only half-slept...listening to her delicious sighing and private night giggling (she's always been a sleep giggler, even from the very first).

It makes my heart go soft and warm, knowing that my baby girl is so deliciously close, and that she's sleeping peacefully in her warm cozy bed.

I ask you, what sort of a nutter, besides a Mum would continue to wake up in the middle of the night to listen to her sleeping baby?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home