Monday, January 16, 2006

Oh so many good things...


Nell is pulling up all over the place. It fills me with as much pride as it does with nostalgia. Geez I love that kid. (Here she is with some cottage cheese on her face and vegemite on her bib, check out the teeth!)

Last week I had a "championship" kind of work week, with tons of great/positive feedback and even an offer from my old boss in Oz to work on relocation. I'm in discussions now...though we'd like to be here another year for a whole number of reasons. This is the first time in my entire career where I delivered a model and had nothing but praise heaped on me for it. Sigh.

I came home today and D had a surprise for me. A diamond ring. Our nine year anniversary is this week and he says it is something he should have gotten me way back when. I cried. He cried (shh don't tell him I told you.) It's not the diamond it's the meaning. We were so poor when we started out. WE're not much better off now. It is money we can't really afford, but still... it broke my heart in a kajillion pieces. But in a good way.

I still can't post from my work laptop. So I had to sneak on to D's computer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amy said...

Aw! She is beautiful and awesome! Congratulations on such an amazing week. =) Etelle and I are cheering for you!!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous sarcastic journalist said...

#1 she is adorable.
#2 you can't move.
#3 congrats!!! A pretty ring?? Awww!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home